GPDIA Certification Course
Not Happening for 2018
Friday, June 9th – 2:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Saturday, June 10th – 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (pizza will be provided on Saturday)
Super Early Bird Price – $249 until May 8th
Early Bird Price – $279 from May 8th through June 1st
After June 1st or at the door – $299
Full Judges Intensive is 6 hours and includes all sessions as well as mentoring and critique for up to 2 years while pursuing your certification.
Global Professional Dance Instructors Association – GPDIA Judges Certification Program/Intensive Mission Statement:
* To raise standard of education and training and to better prepare future judges of West Coast Swing.
* To better prepare West Coast Swing instructors as to the important factors for the different levels of WCS competition.
* To help competitors gain a better understanding of the concepts and details involved in judging and what is involved.
This program has been developed by Michael Kiehm, Phil Adams and Gary Jobst in conjunction with the GPDIA. Combined they bring over 100 years of experience in dance, including studio ownership, promotion, event organization events, contest coordination, emceeing, teaching, judging and chief judging.
Who will benefit from the GPDIA Judges Certification Program?
1. Dancers who want to improve their dancing, understanding of competitions and have a strong desire to understand what the judges are looking for and what makes a dance stand out.
2. Teachers who want to have a better understand of what the judges are looking for and what makes a dance stand out so that they can pass that knowledge on to their students
3. Upper level dancers and aspiring WCS professionals who want to learn some of the ways to judge effectively and efficiently and put an effort in to educating themselves.
4. Established WCS professionals who want to become even more proficient and expand their knowledge and to share their knowledge with fellow professionals.